Monday, March 4, 2013

Music Moment #4: Awake and Alive by Skillet



This was the first song on my morning playlist for about six months in college, for obvious reasons. It's a good song to get pumped up to. Plus, I really like this band in general. I'm not Christian, myself, but Skillet is a fairly subtle Christian band, and I find that their music speaks to me.

I discovered this song because of a book. It's quoted in Karen Marie Moning's Shadowfever. So, needless to say, that book is one of the things this song reminds me of, and I must thank Miss Moning both for delivering a good book and quoting some very enjoyable music.

1 comment:

  1. OMFG. I LOVE Skillet! Gah. I haven't listened to their music in a few months. I first heard about this band through my ex. And I'm pretty sure the song was Comatose. Yepp, that was it. And since that song I've been hooked. I haven't read KMM's books yet, but they are on my TBR list and since now hear MS. Moning has awesome tastes in music, it makes me want to read this series all the more. lol. Great post!

    Ana♥ @ Beach Bum Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...