Monday, March 18, 2013

Misc. Monday: The Reading Penguin and the Case of the Reader's Block

Requiem (Delirium, #3)You've heard of writer's block? Well, it happens to readers too, and I've got it right now. Sorry to say, but so far March has been very bland in terms of reading material. The happy reading bubble was entirely deflated by Requiem, which let me down more thoroughly than I can ever remember a book letting me down. After that every book I picked up seemed to have a giant cloud of meh and blah coming off of it, which makes it hard to progress. I finished Wanderlust by Elieba Levine because I had made a commitment to review it, but that's about it.

Personal experience has taught me that the only way out of a reading funk is to take it easy with the books for awhile. That means if I can only manage to read a few pages at a time, and my mind wants to wander, I let it wander. I do something else, and I come back to it. That means getting through books at a snail's pace, but in the end it will work better than forcing myself. Thankfully, I'm ahead in my reading goals to a point where it shouldn't matter.

Anyway, reviews may be a bit sparse throughout the next week. I hope you'll be patient while I work my way around the block, and eventually I'll be back with a vengeance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...