Thursday, June 14, 2012

Follow Friday 6/14/12

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #101 


Q: Happy Father’s Day! Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?

Just one? I have four!

Ray Quinn from Nora Robert's Chesapeake Bay series. He won his spot by adopting and raising three teenage boys from horrible backgrounds. Kudos to all adoptive parents. (Amazon/Goodreads)

Ronnie's father from Knee Deep by Jolene Perry. He found a loving and supportive way to help his teenage daughter when she was in a really tough spot. (Amazon/Goodreads)

 Both of Lola's fathers in Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Especially Andy, because he can make pie. But they both earn their spot for being strict but loving, and embracing Lola's uniqueness. (Amazon/Goodreads)

11 comments:

  1. You thought of alot! I had a hard time. I need to read this Lola book already. Great post! New follower!

    Check out my post:
    My Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the Nora Roberts books--I'll have to check out the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lola's dads! GREAT choice! I haven't read the others. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice! these are all new to me!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked Lola's dads too! I haven't read Knee Deep, but I want to. Great answer! Old follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday-30-and-tgif-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice with Nathan and Andy! I thought that they were excellent parents to Lola.

    Old follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've read these books so I really couldn't say but I'm sure it's a nice choice.

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice, these are new to me, will check them out.
    I am a new follower. Here is my FF link FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm a new follower...I am now following you through GFC as lucyatmax…please return the follow at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com
    My answer to the best fictional dad is on my blog if you visit....I had trouble thinking of an answer, so mine is not ya or paranormal, but fitting the question.

    Thanks so much,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are SO MANY Nora Roberts dads I'd pick like every male in the Macgregor series but Ray Quinn definitely hits high marks! :D Made me sob with each memory of him one of the bros showed us...

    I haven't yet read Knee Deep but I've been digging Jolene's novels a lot these days, so I've got to remember to check it out. AND OOOHHHH YESSS for Lola's dads. Two of the best YA parents ever. Next I'd say would be Mia's parents from If I Stay by Gayle Forman.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...