Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy December! (Better Late Than Never)

"Were you drinking coffee in the shower?" Husband asks as I emerge, towel swaddled and hair dripping, steamy mug in hand.

"Why yes, yes I was. I'm not even slightly ashamed of it."

"You have a problem."

I guess it's apparent that I am indeed suffering from a bit of end of year exhaustion, helped along by my decision to work a bazillion hours at my job(s) as a toy elf/picture lass. I think I'm also encountering a bit of ennui when it comes to my reviews and this blog in general. Again, this is partly based in physical exhaustion, but it also has to do with a need for changes that I know I need to make. So we're in the middle of a road block of sorts where I know I need to redesign, redefine, change what isn't working, and get back to what has worked in the past--and that is what December and January are going to be all about. Just as soon as I finish my goddamned coffee.

But you aren't here for all of that! Your here to find out which book from the November line up rocked my tiny little socks. And here it is:







Yeah, I don't think it will surprise any of my readers when I say the Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor was easily the best thing in my November pile. It was all of the things that I love in fantasy. It was weird and violent and emotional. It had great characters. It was somehow so much more than the first book in every way.

Now, what am I reading in December?

Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley

The Duchess War by Courtney Milan

Beta by Rachel Cohn

Sorcery and Cecilia, or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer

Sisters Red by Jackson Peirce

..and probably more, but that's all for now

1 comment:

  1. I really need to get to this series. Everybody seems to have nothing but good things to say about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful comments are appreciated! I always respond to them, and I usually return the favor! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...